Understanding the urgent need to address the critical reality of Brazilian water security, CEBDS launched the Brazilian Business Commitment to Water Security in 2018. Signatory companies periodically disclose their actions related to each goal, showing progress towards the goals they seek to achieve in 2025.
CEBDS and the signatory companies want this commitment to become a national reference for companies' effective contribution to water security in the country. The 6 goals of the commitment:
- Expand the inclusion of the water theme in the business strategy
- Mitigate water risks to the business
- Measure and publicly communicate water management in the company
- Encouraging shared projects in favor of water
- Promote chain engagement
- Contribute technologies, knowledge, processes and human resources